Friday, May 25, 2007

The Singapore globe of stamps


I'm done with this project, faster than I have predict! I'm so proud of myself and this globe, it's so pretty! My mum is an avid collector of stamps, she has stamps from Singapore and other foreign countries, but she only allows me to use those from Singapore only coz the others are prob too precious to her... The bottom is supported by gold wire, weaved by me. As I do this project, I'm attracted to all these colourful stamps and the stories that it is trying to tell. I should probably try doing a foreign globe of stamps next. ha!

Can you see the stamp that features the person pinching his nose? It reads 'get well soon'.

Can you see the girl with the dark skin and a red dot on her forehead? If I'm not wrong, a red dot means that she's married, a black dot means she's single. She's an Indian celebrating Deepavali, tt's the best about Singapore, we are multi-racial and thus we celebrate different festivals all year round. And next to it, it's a taxi in Singapore. It's a little vintage as the taxis now are more colourful and modern.


And can you see the 3 army boys camouflaged in their army uniform of green? And can you read 'upgrading of hdb estates' in the other stamp? For those who don't know, HDBs in Singapore is our high rise estates. You can see them all in Singapore as our land is small.


Can you see the five people standing together in white? They represent the different races in Singapore. The man wearing a 'songkok' is Malay and the lady wearing a sari is an Indian.And those people sitting are graduands.


And that's the top of the globe.

The bottom of the globe. That's a pong pong fruit, it's poisonous, it's also commonly seen in Singapore. And if you read upside down, there's also one stamp that reads 'Hong San See Temple 1912' I don't know where is this place and tt's a pity.


Can you the vintage picture of a family? Tt's our ancestors. And next, there's a crab cropped halfway. Tt's one of our best food in Singapore! Black pepper chilli crab? YUM! Next to it, if you can see sideways, it's a Singapore plane and the white buildings are actually our Changi Airport Terminal II.


Hope you had a nice lesson knowing more about Singapore! Feel free to ask me if you have any questions or comments.

Sorry if it seemed like I'm introducing Singapore, but I posted this up in Craftster tt's why. Here's the link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=172557.0



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home